Meta:Terms of Service
Welcome. Uniting Amendment ("the site" or "the website") is operated by Egalib, Inc. (“we” or “us”), which is a for-profit corporation whose mission is to empower and engage people to collaborate and develop common understand to help make the world better.
To support our vibrant community, we provide the essential infrastructure and organizational framework for the development of ideas, content and other endeavors which serve this mission.
We welcome you (“you” or the “user”) as a reader, editor, author, or contributor of the Uniting Amendment, and we encourage you to join the community. Before you participate, however, we ask that you please read and agree to the following Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”).
These Terms of Service tell you about our services, our relationship to you as a user, and the rights and responsibilities that guide us both. Generally we do not contribute, monitor, or delete content (with the exception of some user-interface messages, high-traffic pages, policies like these Terms of Service or legal compliance for DMCA notices). This means that editorial control is in the hands of you and your fellow users who create and manage the content. We merely host this content.
The community - the network of users who are constantly building and using the site - are the principal means through which the goals of the mission are achieved. The community contributes to and helps govern our site. Anyone is free become a member of the community, including our founders, owners and employees. Content provided by the founders, owners or employees of Egalib, Inc. is theirs alone and does not necessary reflect the views or policies of Egalib, Inc..
Content provided by us may be found in the following areas:
- In the "Meta" namespace - Content in the Uniting Amendment website is generally divided into areas called "namespaces", which include the Main, Talk, User, Help, Meta namespaces and others. The Meta namespace is reserved for content we provide.
- In other namespaces - Content in other namespaces may be provided by users or by us. The source of the content in these areas may be determined by viewing the revision history of those content pages. Content provided by us will be via a username such as Admin, Administrator, Bureaucrat, Egalib, Inc., SiteOwner, or similar name.
- In the user-interface messages provided by the software that is utilized to provide Uniting Amendment and its services - Messages provided by the user-interface are provided by us or by the developers of the software that we use to provide the site and its services.
Some of the content provided by Egalib, Inc. or it users may come from third party sources who have consented to its publication on this site.
You are welcome to join as a contributor, editor, or author, but you should follow the policies that govern the use of the site.
Please be aware that you are legally responsible for all of your contributions, edits, and re-use of content under the laws of the United States of America and other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content). This means it is important that you use caution when posting content. In light of this responsibility, we have some rules about what you cannot post, most of which is either for your own protection or for the protection of other users like yourself. Please keep in mind that the content we host is for general informational purposes only, so if you need expert advice for a particular question (such as medical, legal, or financial issues), you should seek the help of a licensed or qualified professional. We also include other important notices and disclaimers, so please read these in their entirety.
For clarity, other organizations and associations, that may share in the same mission as us are nevertheless legally independent and separate from the Egalib, Inc. and have no responsibility for the operations of the website or its content. Officials, owners, employees and others associated with those entities may use and contribute to Uniting Amendment, however, those contributors are legally responsible for their edits and contributions on the site.
The current version of this document may be found at: http://unitedamendment.com/w/index.php/Meta:Terms_of_Service. We may change the terms of this agreement at any time without notice. Previous revisions of this document may be found by clicking the Revisions tab at the top of the page.
1. Our Services
Egalib, Inc. provides services which include the provision of platforms for certain information, entertainment, political participation, collaboration or interaction with other users, games, contests, and other services.
Our service includes email features. An email address is required to use this site. It will not be revealed publicly on this site unless you choose to send another user an email message. By submitting your email address on this website, you agree to receive email advertisements from us and third parties. You can opt-out of receiving these emails by not signing up for an account.
- We generally do not take an editorial role: Because the Uniting Amendment is collaboratively edited, most of the content that we host is provided by users like yourself, and we generally do not take an editorial role. This means that we generally do not monitor or edit the content of the website, and we do not take any responsibility for this content. Similarly, we do not endorse any opinions expressed via our services, and we do not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any submitted community content. Instead, we simply provide access to the content that your fellow users have contributed and edited.
- You are responsible for your own actions: You are legally responsible for your edits and contributions on Uniting Amendment, so for your own protection you should exercise caution and avoid contributing any content that may result in criminal or civil liability under any applicable laws. For clarity, applicable law includes at least the laws of the United States of America. Although we may not agree with such actions, we warn editors and contributors that authorities may seek to apply other country laws to you, including local laws where you live or where you view or edit content. We generally cannot offer any protection, guarantee, immunity or indemnification.
3. Content We Host
- You may find some material objectionable or erroneous: Because we provide a wide array of content that is produced or gathered by fellow users, you may encounter material that you find offensive, erroneous, misleading, mislabeled, or otherwise objectionable. We therefore ask that you use common sense and proper judgment when using our services.
- Our content is for general informational purposes only: Although we host information that may pertain to professional topics, including medical, legal, or financial issues, this content is presented for general informational purposes only. It should not be taken as professional advice. Please seek independent professional counseling from someone who is licensed or qualified in the applicable area in lieu of acting on any information, opinion, or advice contained in this website.
4. Refraining from Certain Activities
The Uniting Amendment only exist because of the vibrant community of users like you who collaborate to write, edit, and curate the content. We happily welcome your participation in this community and value freedom of speech and freedom of press. We encourage you to be civil and polite in your interactions with others in the community, to act in good faith, and to make edits and contributions aimed at furthering the mission of the Uniting Amendment.
Certain activities, whether legal or illegal, may be harmful to other users and violate our rules, and some activities may also subject you to liability. Some activities may be illegal under current law even though they are otherwise acceptable to the community. Therefore, for your own protection and for that of other users, you may not engage in such activities on our sites. These activities include:
- Harassing and Abusing Others
- Engaging in harassment, threats, stalking, spamming, or vandalism; and
- Transmitting chain mail, junk mail, or spam to other users.
- Violating the Privacy of Others
- Infringing the privacy rights of others under the laws of the United States of America or other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content);
- Soliciting personally identifiable information for purposes of harassment, exploitation, violation of privacy, or any promotional or commercial purpose not explicitly approved by the Egalib, Inc.; and
- Soliciting personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 for an illegal purpose or violating any applicable law regarding the health or well-being of minors.
- Engaging in False Statements, Impersonation, or Fraud
- Intentionally or knowingly posting content that constitutes libel or defamation;
- Posting content that is false or inaccurate, with the intent to deceive;
- Attempting to impersonate another user or individual, misrepresenting your affiliation with any individual or entity, or using the username of another user with the intent to deceive; and
- Engaging in fraud.
- Committing Infringement
- Infringing copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights under applicable law.
- Misusing Our Services for Other Illegal Purposes
- Posting child pornography or any other content that violates applicable law concerning child pornography;
- Posting or trafficking in obscene material that is unlawful under applicable law; and
- Using the services in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law.
- Engaging in Disruptive and Illegal Misuse of Facilities
- Posting or distributing content that contains any viruses, malware, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, or other device that could harm our technical infrastructure or system or that of our users;
- Engaging in automated uses of the site that are abusive or disruptive of the services and have not been approved by the Egalib, Inc. and the community;
- Disrupting the services by placing an undue burden on the website or the networks or servers connected with the website;
- Disrupting the services by inundating any website with communications or other traffic that suggests no serious intent to use the website for its stated purpose;
- Knowingly accessing, tampering with, or using any of our non-public areas in our computer systems without authorization; and
- Probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any of our technical systems or networks unless all the following conditions are met:
- such actions do not unduly abuse or disrupt our technical systems or networks;
- such actions are not for personal gain (except for credit for your work);
- you report any vulnerabilities to Egalib, Inc. and MediaWiki developers (or fix it yourself); and
- you do not undertake such actions with malicious or destructive intent.
5. Password Security
You are responsible for safeguarding your own password and should never disclose it to any third party. For security purposes, we will never intentionally email your password and we currently offer no means of recovering passwords. If you lose or forget your password, you will not be able to recover it and will no longer be able to use the site under your existing username or account.
Uniting Amendment, The Uniting Amendment, Egalib, Inc. and other Egalib, Inc. brands, graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, and product and service names are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of Egalib, Inc. or its suppliers. These trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Egalib, Inc.'s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits Egalib, Inc. or its suppliers. All other trademarks not owned by Egalib, Inc. or its suppliers that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who are, unless otherwise indicated, not affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by Egalib, Inc. or its suppliers. Their use here does not imply that you may use them for any other purpose other than for informational use as protected under the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States. Unless otherwise stated Uniting Amendment and other sites are neither endorsed nor affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such Egalib, Inc. can not grant any rights to use any otherwise protected materials. Your use of any such or similar incorporeal property is at your own risk.
7. Copyright and Patents
If you provide content to Uniting Amendment, you or the copyright-holder retain the copyright to that content, including any files or text you add to the site. You represent and warrant that you own or control all of the rights to the content that you provide, or otherwise have permission to provide the content to Uniting Amendment; that use of the content you provide does not violate any of these Terms of Service; and that you will indemnify Egalib, Inc. and its affiliates or assignees for all claims resulting from content you provide. If you provide content, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Egalib, Inc. a nonexclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, and fully sublicensable right to use, publish, reproduce, translate, modify, adapt, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content in any medium for any purpose.
All software included on this site, including text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, data compilations, and software is the property of Egalib, Inc., its suppliers or contributors and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Egalib, Inc. and is protected by U.S. and international copyright and patent laws. All software used on this site is the property of Egalib, Inc., or its software suppliers and is protected by United States and international copyright and patent laws.
8. DMCA Compliance
Egalib, Inc. wants to ensure that the content that we host does not infringing the proprietary rights of others. In fairness to our users, as well as to other creators and copyright holders, our policy is to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the formalities of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Pursuant to the DMCA, we will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, users and account holders of our system and network who are repeat infringers.
However, we also recognize that not every takedown notice is valid or in good faith. In such cases, we strongly encourage users to file counter-notifications when they appropriately believe a DMCA takedown demand is invalid or improper. (For more information on what to do if you think a DMCA notice has been improperly filed, you may wish to consult the Chilling Effects website, however, we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for their availability, accuracy, or their related content, products, or services (including, without limitation, any possible viruses or other disabling features which may be encountered while attenpting to contact other websites), nor do we have any obligation to monitor their website.)
If you are the owner of content that is being improperly used on this website without your permission, you may request that the content be removed under the DMCA. To make such a request, please email us at legalegalib.com or snail mail us at:DMCA Request, Egalib, Inc., POB 71, Orford, NH 03777.
Alternatively, you may make a request to our community, which often handles copyright issues faster and more effectively than prescribed under the DMCA. In that case, you can post a notice explaining your copyright concerns. Before filing a DMCA claim, you also have the option of sending an email to servicerepegalib.com.
9. Third-party Websites and Resources
You are solely responsible for your use of any third-party websites or resources. Although the Uniting Amendment (including this document itself) contains links to third-party websites and resources, we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for their availability, accuracy, or the related content, products, or services (including, without limitation, any viruses or other disabling features), nor do we have any obligation to monitor such third-party content.
10. Jurisdiction and legality of content
Publication of information found on Uniting Amendment may be in violation of the laws of the country or jurisdiction from where you are viewing this information. The Uniting Amendment database is stored on servers in the United States of America, and is maintained in reference to the protections afforded under local and federal law. Laws in your country or jurisdiction may not protect or allow the same kinds of speech or distribution. Uniting Amendment does not encourage the violation of any laws; and cannot be responsible for any violations of such laws, should you link to this domain or use, reproduce, or republish the information contained herein.
Thank you for spending the time to read this page, and please enjoy your experience at Uniting Amendment.
This document is released under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL) and the Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License. (See Meta:Copyrights for more information.) It contains information published by Wikimedia Foundation at: and . Changes may have been made to that source material in the process of creating this document or file.
- Copyright (c) 2013 Egalib, Inc..
- Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document
- under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2
- or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation;
- with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts.
- A copy of the license is included in the section entitled
- "GNU Free Documentation License".